This page was last updated Thu 05 January 2017.
Nongeographical bicycling information (1)
Reports by San Francisco Exploratorium
All descriptions are in English, unless otherwise noted.
Nongeographical bicycling information
|The Science of Cycling
, submitted 4 June 2007
- Introduction -- What is the Science of Cycling?
- The Wheel -- Why do road bikes have thin tires, while mountain bikes have fat tires?
- Drives & Gears -- How do gears help make the bicycle so efficient?
- Frames & Materials -- What are the best materials for frames?
- Braking & Steering -- How do you stop and steer a bicycle?
- Aerodynamics -- How does drafting help a cyclist?
- Human Power -- Why is the bicycle the most efficient way to travel?